Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Letter to Friends, Kenya Trip Oct 2015

Dear Wonderful All,

Hope you have each arrived swiftly and comfortably at your next destinations.

I am happy to report that my luggage and I made it safely back home to SF, where I headed straight for a hot shower and some Vietnamese Pho.   I ended up responding to a medical emergency while on the flight from Amsterdam today.  Fortunately, this occurred within 1-2 hours of landing, and the patient was stable enough to make it to the ambulance awaiting him at the gate.  But, I couldn't help but think of how uncanny it was after weeks of hearing all of your stories about putting on your call light during these "events".  One more to add to the list. 

Thank you all again for making this an enriching and inspiring trip.  It is really an honor to share meaningful work with a group of such capable, generous, well-informed, world-traveling women!  I will be thinking of each of you and the transitions that may come this year.  

Carol - a million times over, you are magnificent and completely irreplaceable in all that you do.  Thank you!!  Sending good luck your way for Ethiopia.  
Missing you all!!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment